Monday, January 24, 2011

Easy Dinner of Vegtables and Pasta

Last time in the grocery store, I was in the frozen food section looking for frozen spinach.  I saw this package called Special Blends, Artichokes & Asparagus in Lemon Butter Sauce.  I thought that sounds good and bought it.  After a weekend of cooking and getting behind in my blog, I decided that this was going to be an easy dinner on pasta tonight.  Last night was all leftovers.  One year for Christmas I gave my neighbor De Cecco Racchette pasta.  She plays tennis every week and I had seen it on Martha.  My neighbor plays tennis and I thought she would love the racket pasta and the recipe that had peas as the tennis balls.  I had to order tons of it to give it to her.  I wrapped it on a racket, really specially wrapped and thought she would really love it.   Wrong and I have boxes left, so I used it tonight with the Special Blend.  Very good, quick meal; that I really needed tonight.  The special blend was by Wegmans, but I bet other chains are doing the same.  Jim brought a Mussel Bay Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand out of the wine cellar.  Jim had to clean the dreaded pasta pot, other than that all was easy and fast.      

No comments:

Post a Comment