Monday, January 24, 2011

Company Breakfast

I found this recipe in the November Costco Connection magazine. It was created by Nadine Mesch of Ohio. I changed it a little. She used ½ C English toffee bits in it. I did not think I would like it, so I left them out. She also made apple syrup; I did not as we have maple syrup. Jim 2 and I thought it was sweet without the syrup. Jim 1 added syrup. I served this with the duck bacon. I really like the duck bacon. I like this as you can make it the day before and then just bake it in the morning. I don’t do mornings well.
Apple French Toast
Ingredients:
8C French bread, cut into 1” cubes (I used a Baggett and cut 1” slices and cut each slice in quarters)
3 tart apples, peeled and chopped (I used sweet yellow apples)
8 oz cream cheese, softened
¾ C brown sugar
¼ C sugar
¼ C apple juice
2 t vanilla, divided
5 eggs
¾ C milk
Directions:
1. Place half of the bread cubes in a greased 13x9” baking pan; top with apples. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugars, juice and 1 t vanilla until smooth. Spread over apples. Top with remaining bread cubes.
2. Use the same bowl and beat the eggs, milk and remaining t of vanilla until well blended; pour over bread. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
4. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment