Thursday, January 13, 2011

40 Clove Garllic Chicken

Tonight’s menu is from my favorite blogger Stephanie O’Dea. After a year of slow cooking she wrote the book, Make it Fast, Cook it Slow. This menu did not disappoint. I had planned a crock pot menu as my class was to start today. Unfortunately my instructor’s daughter was very ill and it was cancelled. Our guest for this weekend also cancelled due to illness. I am winging it for the next few days. I made the full recipe as there is another recipe for leftovers. I used the leftover cabbage and noodles to accompany tonight. It was perfect.
Ingredients:
1 large yellow onion, sliced
3-4 # chicken cut up
1T EVOO
2 t kosher salt
2 t paprika
1 t pepper
40 garlic cloves, peeled but intact
Directions:
1. Place onions slices on the bottom of the stoneware insert.
2. In a large missing bowl, toss chicken parts, EVOO, salt, paprika, pepper, and all the cloves
3. Pour into the crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 6 hours. The longer you cook chicken on the bone, the tender it will be. Ours on low was very tender.
Even if there are only 2 of you, you can make the whole amount as she has a Crockpot Fried Rice for the leftovers. I will make that tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment