Sunday, October 31, 2010

Not!!!!! tomato yuck!

Today was a little lazy and a little crazy.  Jim mowed the lawn and cleaned the furnace filters.  I had to pay bills.  But the good news is Jim really likes the pasta sauce I made last week while he was away.  He is a big hater of tomato sauce on pizza or pasta.  I added carrots, celery and sweet onions along with my home grown basil to the tomatoes to make the sauce, just look back to see the recipe.  I served it with whole wheat angel hair pasta and Aidells chicken meatballs.  Those of you not familiar with Aidell, he is the husband of Nancy Oakes the owner of Boulevard in SF, CA.  He makes lots of healthy sausages and now has branched into meatballs.  Jim cannot lie about liking or disliking food.  If he doesn’t like it his cheeks puff out while eating.  No cheek puffing tonight.  So for this family this recipe that I made up is a keeper.  We had an Alamos Malbec, available at Costco with the dinner.  I have to say that I also liked the sauce.  Go to Expermenting with Tomato Sauce.  This morning I made biscuits and gravy.  I experimented with the gravy.  Jim ate it, I fed mine to Max.  He liked it also.  You win some and you loose some.            

No comments:

Post a Comment