Saturday, October 30, 2010

Jim's late birthday dinner

Jim is back so it is time to start cooking again.  We are having grilled Tuna.  I have dry rubbed it in citrus pepper after coating it with EVOO.  With this I am serving roasted new potatoes that I coated in basil EVOO, salt and pepper then roasted at 450 degrees for 40 minutes.  I am going to stir fry patty pan and baby zucchini squash.  I started the pan with EVOO and water in it.  When it came to a boil, I added the squash and let the water cook away.  I then stir fried the veggies in the remaining oil.  This all went quick and they were perfectly done.  We bought dessert at Wegmans.  There were two stars tonight.  The tuna was fabulous.  It was sushi grade so for a 1½” steak we grilled it for only 6 minutes.  It was perfect. Overdone tuna is shoe leather.   Jim always serves red wine with tuna.  We had a 1995 Charles Wetmore Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon from Wente Vineyards.  Jim purchased a case in 1998 when we lived in CA.  I understand that there are 2 left.  I suggest he might want to hide them if he goes away for a week again.  This wine was divine.          

No comments:

Post a Comment