Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Wedding in Tuscany

Not being especially knowledgeable with my computer I have been trying for weeks to show you this incredible wedding dinner. I could not get the photos to print as they were imbedded in an email from Mary. I printed, cut and pasted and then scanned. Jim and I first met Carl and Mary when Jim joined GE in 1967. Both couples have lived all over working for this company that changes names like clothing and they are now settled back in PA. This fall their daughter was married in the Pellegrino castle in Italy. The wedding was fabulous as you can only imagine being married in a castle in Tuscany to be, but look at the dinner!
The photo in the upper left is the castle. The upper right is the wedding table all set for the feast. The bride designed the table with all organic plants and vegetables, cabbages of all colors, eggplants, peas, etc. You can see the eggplant place cards in the photo of the Tomato Soup in the martini glass. Cocktail time was in the castle bar. The “cheesecake” was the centerpiece and cut up and served along with an antipasto bar and served hors d’oerves. Next came the soup (center bottom with a small cherry size mozzarella cheese and petals of fresh basil. Under the table setting is the pasta course, Fagottino filled porcini mushrooms and ricotta cheese with truffles. The main course was wild boar in balsamic vinegar sauce with zucchini flan and roasted potatoes. Finally the wedding cake is at the lower right with the bride and groom. This cake was assembled in front of the guests by two chefs and was described to me as a giant cannoli.
Mary (the Mom) is a follower and a great cook in her own right. In fact she is my co-author for the eggplant recipe I just posted. If been told that Carl (the Dad) is very happy that he only had one daughter. Carl, It sure looks like it was worth every penny.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to know about this wedding and I am sure you had good time there. Last month, I arranged my brother’s wedding reception at one of elegant San Francisco wedding venues. Hired a wedding photographer and had good time at wedding.

    ReplyDelete