Thursday, October 7, 2010

Almost the end of a fabulous vacation

Still in Paris and figured out how to use the red bus. Just like DC, two day pass and you can get on and off at multiple sites. The bus talks in 8 different languages. Our first trip we did the entire loop without getting off. Then we decided that lunch in the Trocadero are would be great. We ate at a place called Le Malakoff. We ordered a plate of cheeses and salad. Jim also ordered fries. The salad was just a vinaigrette dressing, but I have been telling Jim that the vinaigrette tastes better here. The owner spoke very good English. I explained my dilemma and he went into the chef to find out the recipe. The secret is raw egg yolk. It is the same as any, mustard, oil, he used balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. So it has to be the raw egg. Not sure I trust our eggs enough to try. If I could find farm fresh eggs from an organic farmer, I will do it.
This evening we are going to La Fontaine De Mars. Jane, Bryce and I found this bistro and apparently so did our President and his wife when they went to Paris. I had Cassaulot. I thought the one I made was better and wish I had ordered the blood sausage that I had the last time. Jim had a country pate appetizer and duck for his main course. His dessert was a chocolate soufflé. I had Armagnac ice cream. After dinner we walked to the Eiffel tower so Jim could see the flashing lights that have been added since his last time in Paris.
As you are probably getting tired of my blogging about France I will go on to lunch the next day. We took our red bus again to the Champs- Elysees. We had lunch in a place called Chez Clement. The decoration was delightful with copper pots, lids and spoons. Found out later it is a chain and Zagat doesn’t love it. I did. I started out with eggs w/mayo. Kind of like our stuffed eggs, but they do it easier. They just cut the egg in half, and then mix all the herbs and mustard in the mayo and using a pastry cone put this mixture decoratively on top. Jim had a soup that came with cheese and a delicious spread that was mostly garlic. The waiter said it it was mixed with paprika, but my guess was turrmic or curry, too yellow. He followed this with roasted chicken with frites. I had a stew of chicken with mushrooms, tarragon and large wide pasta noodles. The sauce was butter and cream. On the bus again and saw many sites. Dinner is not until 8:00 PM and we are fitting in the whole city, plus looking for a toy to bring to Max. I finally found a stuffed Eiffel tower that said Paris by Notre Dame. Today’s photo is Chez Clement with the copper pots.Can you see the ceiling full of pots in the retaurant entrance?

No comments:

Post a Comment