Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Quick Dinner

My neighbor had to have her knee stretched as she was not achieving the bending that she was supposed to after replacement. I spent most of the day at Fair Oaks hospital reading instead of home cooking. We had those salmon burgers again and I made a Watermelon Salad with Lime Dressing to go with it. Jim gave it the highest compliment that he could give watermelon, “It does not taste like watermelon.” I happen to love watermelon and thought the lime dressing was great on it. It said serves 6 as part of a meal. Jim and I ate most of it and Max finished the rest.
1 lime
1/4C sugar
4 C cubed watermelon (1 small seedless)
1. Zest the lime and then cut off and discard the outer white membrane. Chop lime into small pieces making sure to rein all the juice.
2. Combine lime zest, pieces, juice, sugar, and ¼ C of water in a small saucepan. Cook over high heat until boiling and all the sugar is dissolved. Let cool slightly and pour lime dressing over watermelon in a bowl. Mix to combine.
Today we are going shopping for groceries and I will get back on track making good meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment