Friday, July 23, 2010

Dinner after the Ladies Member Guest Golf Outing

Today I played the second and final round of the Ladies Member Guest Tournament. It was a hundred degrees and high humidity, no exageration. We were totally whipped by the final hole. One team member won the closest to the pin. I was grateful that three friends were willing to play with me. I did lousy as usual. But we had fun. I think we were all suffering from heat stroke and spent more time laughing than playing golf. Other teams came in and talked quietly about arguments. We looked at each other like argue; hold each other up in this heat.
Originally, I thought let’s go out to dinner. Then I thought something simple would be easier than getting dressed up. Remember my winning grille basket? Well, I told you I would comment as I used each marinade. Tonight I marinated pork tenderloin in the Jack Daniel’s EZ Mesquite Marinade. This really had a great Mesquite smell. It turned out better than the Teriyaki sauce Jack Daniel’s EZ Marinade. All and all, I wouldn’t buy them as I enjoy making marinades, but if you are pressed for time, they are respectable. With this I served roasted fingerling potatoes and snap peas. It was all I could muster tonight.

Jim served an excellent wine, Toluca Lane 2006 Pinot Noir from Oregon. It was from the Three Tree Lane Winery. It was way better than the meal.

1 comment:

  1. It has been humid! I can't believe you played golf in it! I rarely cook for just me, but the dinner sounds good.

    ReplyDelete