Saturday, April 3, 2010

Toasted Sesame Salmon and Green Rice

This recipe supposedly takes 21 minutes. It is again from the 29 minutes to Dinner cookbook.  I think they chose 29 minutes so Rachael Ray couldn't sue them.  The meals are easy and for the most part very flavorful.  I shortened it even more as I have toasted sesame seeds in a jar. You can find them in Asian markets.


4t sesame seeds
3T prepared teriyaki sauce
1 T tahini paste
1 t toasted sesame oil
1 garlic clove chopped
4 salmon fillets

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. If you don’t have pre-toasted sesame seeds place raw ones in a sauté pan and cook, stirring often for a couple of minutes to toast. Be careful they burn fast. Combine the remaining ingredients except salmon and toasted seeds in a small bowl and combine well. I am not fond of tahini and it comes in large quantities. I just took raw sesame seeds and put them in a mini blender. It is the same as making peanut butter. It takes seconds to get 1 tablespoon.

Place the fillets on a baking sheet and brush with the glaze mixture. Sprinkle 1t of sesame seeds over each fillet. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes.

I served this with green onion rice. I placed one cup of raw rice in a pan with one cup of water ant ¼ cup of sliced green onions. I let the rice soak for 1 hour and then turned on to boil. When it comes to a boil, cover, turn heat to lowest setting and set timer for 10 minutes. This method makes perfect rice every time. I use Rose’s rice. It is available in most markets and Costco. It is Japanese rice.

Additionally I served a green salad. Jim brought up from his cellar my favorite Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc.

My trainer was here yesterday and I played golf for the first time this season.  Dinner was late so I crashed and didn't post till this am.  We are having our first grilled ribs of the season thonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment