Saturday, April 3, 2010

Orange-Glazed Ribs

Tonight was our first ribs of the season. If you have been following my blog you know that when I get a new cookbook I make several recipes from it. So, I am still in 29 minutes to Dinner. These ribs were great. I don’t think I’ve ever made the same ribs twice, but these I could make again.


1 rack (2.5#) pork loin ribs
½ t salt
½ t cayenne pepper
¼ C water
1 pkg. Cole slaw mix
1 orange, zested
½ C honey
1/2C spicy brown mustard
3T cider vinegar
4 garlic cloves
¼ t salt
½ t cayenne pepper

Cut between the bones to separate all the ribs. Place in a microwaveable dish in one layer and season with salt and cayenne pepper. Add water, cover and microwave for 8 minutes. Turn the ribs and microware for 10 minutes.
Prepare the glaze by zesting the orange and whisking all the reaming ingredients together. Combine ½ C of the glaze with the Cole slaw and refrigerate. After the ribs finish cooking in the microwave, transfer to a bowl and coat with the remaining glaze and heat the grille. Grill for 2-3 minutes basting with the glaze in the bowl until grill marks appear.
I thought these ribs would be sweet, but they were hot, juicy and good. The coleslaw went very good with it. Jim served a Pinfolds Bin 28 Shiraz. We are having Easter breakfast so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment