Thursday, April 29, 2010

Quick Chicken and Rice dish

I made a version of what was called Buffalo Rice. It was supposed to be a quick meal based on Chicken Wings. I did not have blue cheese, so I used left over Fontina cheese.

1C rice
Salt
3T butter
2 uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 oz of blue cheese
2T hot sauce (I used one)
1 C chicken broth
Cook the rice. I soak mine for an hour or so and bring to a boil, cover and turn the heat to low for 10 minutes. I use Japanese rice called Rose’s. Melt the butter in a large skillet. I used garlic cheese butter from Wegman’s. Cut the chicken in ½ “cubes and cook in the butter and add the hot sauce. Add the chicken broth and rice and finally the cheese. I also added frozen peas and carrots. Jim thought this was very good. Again supposed to feed four, but Jim ate it all. Very easy and fast, just what I needed for a busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment