Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Beef Satay Fried Rice

I felt sorry for Jim last night. The dinner had no meat, lots of veggies; and it was not real good. I had to get up early to go to the Dr., so I took the same cookbook with me to see what we had at home that I could make for dinner that he would like. I called from the Dr’s office and found out that we indeed had 1# of Buffalo steak in the freezer. I told Jim to take it out. I drove home and had to make Max’s food for the month. Jim decided as the cupboard was bare and we were busy the rest of the week, we had to grocery shop before dinner. So, he went off for a haircut and I started making dog food and the weekly list. Then we went to Wegman’s.
Tonight’s dinner was said to become a family favorite and I could certainly agree. I added snow peas to the recipe and Jim agreed with me that it would not have looked as good or tasted as good without them.
2t vegetable oil, divided
1# boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut in 1/2 “thick slices. I used buffalo steak
2 medium carrots peeled and julienned
1 medium red bell pepper thinly sliced
4 green onions with tops thinly sliced
½ # snow peas
½ t Thai red curry paste
6C cooked rice; I put 2 cups of Rose’s rice in a pan with 2C of water. I soaked it most of the day, then cooked as usual. Bring to a boil, cover and put on low for 10 minutes.  Don't know it it was 6C, but it was pleanty.
¾ peanut sauce
½ C dry roasted peanuts
1t salt
½ t ground black pepper
Add 1t of the oil to the wok and heat for about 3 minutes. I have a scanner that tells you when a pot reaches the correct temperature for what you want to do. The minutes stated were exactly the temperature on my stove for stir fry. Add the meat and stir fry for about 3-4 minutes. Remove the meat and add the remaining 1 t of oil. Stir fry all vegetables for about 4 minutes and add the rice. Mix for a couple of minutes and add the beef, peanut sauce, peanuts, salt and pepper. Cook a couple of minutes and serve immediately.

Says serves 6, we have one serving left. Jim really liked it. We had a Rasteau Cotes Du Rhone Villages with this meal that we bought at Wegman’s. Jim aerated it. It is a good one to buy and put down. I think it has a long life.

No comments:

Post a Comment