Thursday, April 1, 2010

Salsa and Chicken

Class day again and with my newly re-broken back I did not feel like making dinner. So who else would make it? The plan for tonight was Pineapple-glazed Chicken with Jalapeno Salsa. Ended up to be easy once I got into it. This is from March Bon Appetite. I changed it a little and it worked well with less mess and work for me. Serves 4 but I just used 3 chicken breasts; one for me and two for Jim. I served a salad with arugula, pumpkin seeds, pineapple, and Wegman’s yoghurt Caesar dressing with the chicken.


¼ C pineapple juice
2T brown sugar
1T mustard
¾ C 1/4” cubes fresh pineapple
3 T finely diced red bell pepper
3T chopped fresh cilantro (I used Italian parsley)
1 ½ T finely chopped red onion
1 1/2T canned sliced jalapeno chilies, drained coarsely chopped
4 boneless chicken breast halves

Here is where I differed with the recipe. I made the glaze first by combining the juice, sugar and mustard on the stove.

Next I made the Salsa which is all the remaining ingredients except the chicken. Then I sent Jim out to the grill with the chicken and glaze and he cooked it. This was a Devine dish. The recipe says the salsa works well with pork or fish. It is a delicious salsa. We had a new favorite wine with this dish that we have been buying at Wegman’s. It is called Gnarly Head Old Vine Zin. It is from Lodi, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment