Sunday, April 18, 2010

Cocktails

Last night we went to a Lion's Club fund raiser.  I've been exhausted since Friday and I fell asleep at the table.  I guess I was a real joy to be around.  So, since I did not cook, I am going to write about my brother-in-law's drink recipes.  Buy the way, the food was very good last night.  Jim can't make drinks, he can only pour wine or Scotch.  I told this to Vince before he arrived so I could get the bar stocked with what was needed.  He made VO Manhattans and Cosmos.  They were both very good. 
VO Manhattan
Seagrams VO Canadian Whiskey (3oz)
Sweet Vermouth (1oz)
Splash of Bitters
Marachino Cherries. 
He serves this drink on the rocks (Ice).

Cosmos
Vodka (2 parts)
Triple Sec (1 part)
Cranberry Juice (1 part)
Splash of lime juice with a garnish of lime slice
Shake the above in a bar shaker with ice and strain into a martini glass.  Garnish with a lime slice. 

Remember it is 5:00 somewhere.  Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. I can honestly attest that both of these are excellent! The cosmos are like an extra treat for me.

    ReplyDelete