Sunday, December 2, 2012

Pumpkin Apple Pancakes


I really wanted pancakes this morning and there was this great recipe in the November Sunset Magazine that I had been dying to try.  I made 8 pancakes.  The recipe said 10 so mine must have been larger.  Jim really liked them and in fact ate 6.
Ingredients:  
1 large egg
1 C flour
1 C milk (I used almond milk)
2 T vegetable oil
½ C canned pumpkin puree (I used up the pumpkin butter from Williams Sonoma)
1 T sugar (I used Splenda)
1 T baking powder
¼ t salt
¼ t each of nutmeg and cinnamon (I did not add as I was using the pumpkin butter)
1 apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
Butter for the pan (I used spray butter)
Syrup (We used black walnut syrup from Watermelon Moon Farm)
Directions:
1.       Mix the flour, sugar, salt, spices, and baking power in a bowl.  Add the chopped apple. 
2.       In a small bowl, combine the wet ingredients, pumpkin puree, egg, and milk.
3.       Mix the wet into the dry until well combined. 
4.       Spray or melt butter in a large nonstick frying pan or grill pan over medium heat. 
5.       Spoon batter by 1/3 C portions into pan, making 3 or 4 pancakes at a time. 
6.       Cook, turning once, until cooked through, 8-10 minutes. 
7.       Serve with syrup and more butter if desired.     

No comments:

Post a Comment