Friday, December 14, 2012

Mary's Chili


Mary, Jim loved your chili.  We had a lot to do today that involved being out most of the day.  My friend and reader from PA sent me her chili recipe.  I made it even easier and it turned out wonderful. 
Ingredients:
Good piece of top sirloin, cut into bite size cubes
1 pkg McCormick Chili mix, mild or spicy depending on your taste
1 large sweet onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 cans diced tomatoes with zesty peppers
2 cans Bush chili beans with jalapeno
1 small can of chopped chili peppers
Tortilla chips, we used blue corn
Shredded pepper jack cheese
Non-fat Greek yoghurt
Directions:
1.       I made the chili totally in my crock pot. 
2.       Place the chopped onion and garlic in the bottom of the pot.
3.       Add the cubed sirloin and top with the McCormick Chili mix.
4.       Place the diced tomatoes, chili beans and chili pepper on top of the meat.
5.       I put it on low for 7 hours.  It could have been done sooner, but we were not home. 
6.       Serve the chili with crushed tortilla chips, jack cheese and a dollop of the yoghurt. 
We have two meals remaining that are going in the freezer for the middle of the week when Jim will be providing dinners.  I have made very involved chili recipes and this was so easy and the best I have ever tasted.  I think Sandra Lee on FoodTV would call it Semi-Homemade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment