Sunday, December 9, 2012

Beef Stew


So who is not crazy busy at this time of year?  Not only am I busy buying and wrapping presents, but going to parties, giving parties, and baking.  I planned tonight’s dinner based on our neighbor coming for a drink around 3:00 PM, we have never met.  They called this AM and are ill.  I still went ahead with my easiest ever dinner as I could use the time to wrap, and etc.  I kind of made this up.  I was inspired by a friend and reader, Mary in PA, who sent me her Crockpot beef stew.  I have had a packet of McCormick beef stew seasoning in my pantry for what seems like forever.  But Mary, if you are reading this, I got even lazier and though it smells good, I definitely should have used your vegetables.  I believe mine are completely disintegrated.
Ingredients:  
1 packet of McCormick’s beef stew spices
2# stew beef
2 large packages of mixed vegetables (I do remember large veggie chunks in the freezer section, but mine were all too small)
½ package of pearl onions (these were in my freezer and were included)
Potatoes (all I could find in the two refrigerators)
3 C homemade veggie stock (used instead of water that the spice packet recommended)
Directions:
1.       Place all the above in your crock pot early in the day. 
2.       Put on high and 10 hours.  Anything 6-10 hours will work. 
I have a lot of juice in the pot at this point and will probably dish out with a slotted spoon, adding the juice in the quantity that looks good.  Any leftover juice will be gratefully appreciated by Max on his horrid vet prescribed kibble.  After 10 years of making everything he has eaten, he looks at me like I am insane when I give him this kibble.   

No comments:

Post a Comment