Sunday, December 23, 2012

Nutcracker Cupcakes


Today I made cupcakes from a Pillsbury mix called Funfetti.  But I saw an article on the internet that gave you hints as to how to make a box cake mix eatable.  They are as follows:
·         Substitute butter for oil
·         Double the butter
·         Use package pudding mix
·         Instead of water use coconut milk
·         Make your own frosting
·         Add an extra egg
As I am making them for Christmas Eve lunch, I did the following substitutes.  I used butter instead of oil and I used coconut milk instead of water.  I did not make my own icing, but added vanilla to the Funfetti icing.  I also used green food coloring in the vanilla icing for a more Christmas look and I sprinkled them with red and green sprinkles.  I had a kit from Williams Sonoma to turn the whole cupcake experience into the Nutcracker.  It came with red and green cup to insert into the cupcake pan and a total of 24 mice, soldiers, a ballerina and a Christmas tree.  I hope the results are tasty, but if nothing else they really say Merry Christmas.    

No comments:

Post a Comment