Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Simple and Delicious


Often meals like tonight I do not blog about.  It was simple, easy, and very tasty and nothing came from a magazine or cookbook.  I baked cod fillets with Pampered Chef mango curry sauce.  Probably more of you are more familiar with Pampered Chef products than me.  I was given this sauce as a gift.  I make my own sauces most of the time.  This one is really a winner.  If you are invited to a Pampered Chef party, buy it.  With the fish, we had asparagus and frozen sweet potato fries that Jim picked up at Costco.   They are the best frozen fries I have tried to date.  The winner of the evening was the wine.  It was a 1999 Chateau-Fuisse, Pouilly-Fuisse from France.  Jim’s cellar in VA was too big he claims and he lost track of the age of some of the whites.  We have had some disasters, but this was not one of them.  Maybe if we ever get a new house, he will buy a computer program and use it.      

No comments:

Post a Comment