Sunday, May 29, 2011

Seminole Crunch Salad with Grilled Chicken

This recipe comes from “Our Club” magazine, Chef Tim Drown of the University Center Club in Tallahassee, FL. It serves 6, very generously. I cut it in thirds and we had leftovers for one lunch today. This is the first salad meal that I have ever served Jim that I got no complaints. The dressing recipe is also very generous. You know how when you order dressing on the side and they bring enough for 4 salads, I think this is what this recipe is based on. But it is the most delicious dressing I have ever tasted and I will be happy to dress a few more salads with it.
Salad Ingredients:
6 C spring salad mix
3 Granny Smith Apples, cored, cut in ½” cubes. (I used GALA, I detest Granny Smith Apples)
1C dried tart cherries
1 C frozen peas, defrosted
1 C celery, thinly sliced
2 C blue cheese, crumbled
4 Chicken breast halves, grilled, cooled and cut into ½” dice
Salt and pepper to taste
1 C walnut halves, toasted
Vermont Maple Dressing
Directions:
1. In a large bowl, toss all ingredients with the dressing.
Vermont Maple Dressing Ingredients:
1 C mayonnaise
1 C Vermont pure maple syrup
½ C Champagne Vinegar
¼ C EVOO
Directions:
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Add the amount desired to the salad ingredients.
Like I stated earlier, the guy who detests vegetables, had two very large helpings and pronounced it great, for salad.   This would be a great ladies luncheon main course.

No comments:

Post a Comment