Friday, May 13, 2011

Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad

This is a keeper for entertaining this summer. It tastes great, it is easy and it looks spectacular.
Serves 4. This was easy to prepare and I will serve it again. Martha’s Everyday Food Network.
Ingredients:
6 bacon slices, cut in 1” wide pieces
1 medium head romaine lettuce, (12 oz) cut crosswise into ½” pieces
2-3 T Vinaigrette, I had a low fat Balsamic one.
4 oz feta cheese, crumbled (1 C)
2 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise, ½” thick
1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled. Thinly sliced and cut into 2” pieces
Coarse salt and pepper( I never used any salt or pepper and Jim did not add any)
*Garlic Marinated Chicken Cutlets, thinly sliced crosswise
Directions:
1. Marinate the chicken in the recipe below. I did it earlier in the day, in the refrigerator, as I could not find cutlets. I should have cut the breasts I bought horizontally, but I just marinated the entire breasts. For the two of us, I also just bought half the amount. The reason it is asking for so much is because this comes from a show where you cook once and then have the leftovers in this salad.
2. In a medium skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 5-8 minutes.
3. I washed the lettuce, sliced the tomato and opened the avocado while Jim was grilling the chicken.
4. After the chicken was done, I added the vinaigrette to the romaine. I spread it on a large tray. I lined the tomatoes down the center. Next I put the Feta in a line next to the tomatoes. The avocado was lined up next and finally the bacon on the left.
5. I sliced half the chicken and placed it to the right of the tomatoes.
This was so good looking and it tasted great.
*Garlic-Marinated Chicken Cutlets
Ingredients:
2TEVOO
6 garlic cloves, minced
¼ C white wine vinegar
3 T fresh thyme leaves (I used 1T dried)
Coarse salt and ground pepper
3# chicken cutlets (about 12)
Directions:
1. Make marinade, in a small bowl. Put chicken in a plastic bag and pour the marinate over the chicken. Squish around and take the air out and seal the bag. Place the chicken back in the refrigerator. You can do the day before. I did it in the am, and took it out 30 minutes before grilling.
2. Grille until it reaches an internal temperature of 170 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment