Friday, May 13, 2011

Roasted Salmon with Brussels Sprouts

Tonight’s meal is very simple. It comes from Martha’s Everyday food program on PBS, Serves 4.
Ingredients:
1#Brussels sprouts, halved lengthwise. (I used frozen as they are not out at this time of year.)
2 T EVOO
Coarse salt and ground pepper
4 skinless salmon fillets (about 1 ½ #)
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss Brussels sprouts with EVOO. Season with ½ t coarse salt and ¼ t ground pepper. Spread in a single layer. Roast, tossing occasionally, until sprouts are browned, 10-15 minutes. I did not thaw the sprouts and they did fine. I also did not cut them in half.
2. Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Place in cent of baking sheet (push sprouts to sides). Roast until salmon is opaque throughout and sprouts are tender, about 10 minutes more.
I started everything frozen. While the sprouts were cooking I microwaved on defrost the salmon. I also accompanied this meal with Annie’s Mac & cheese. I added truffle oil to make it taste a little better.
We are still digging. Found my shoes today so we are about to put in my closet. We have 5 small rooms at the end of the house that are becoming our bedroom/laundry/dressing room/art room. Fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment