Saturday, May 28, 2011

Breakfast before Golf

When guests stay overnight, I really enjoy planning breakfast. I made this recipe in 2007, so I know I have not entered it on my blog. It is from Rachael Ray on the Food Channel. Yields: 4 servings.
Rosemary and Ham Scones
Ingredients:
1 box Jiffy biscuit mix (If they do not sell small boxes of Jiffy in your area, use 8>5 ox from the large box of Jiffy baking (biscuit) mix.
3T finely chopped rosemary, 4 small stems
½ C cream
A couple pinches f salt
1/8# smoked ham
1T orange zest
2 t sugar
Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix together all ingredients.
3. Pile in 4 large or 8 small mounds. I used a silicone sheet under them. Sprinkle with a little sugar and bake. Bake 10-12 for large and 7-8 for small
This time I added too much ham as I had it, made them hard to eat. I served them with scrambled eggs, juice and coffee. I like these scones.

No comments:

Post a Comment