Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tuesday

Not so good.  I made salmon burgers with zesty aioli sauce from the Flat Belly Diet Cookbook.  I also made a Cabbage Salad with Apples and Walnuts.  I got this one from the Washington Post.  I liked the Cabbage Salad.  But the best I can say is that it used up left over cabbage.  I made it as I had apples, walnuts and left over cabbage from another meal.  The dressing was good.  I am not going to repeat the recipe as it was not great.  It will not go into Linda's Recipe File, it will go in the round one.  Jim said, "When I was little, we used to have a lot of salmon burgers.  Is it because the are cheap?"  I said I do not know, but this is from canned salmon and if your family didn't fish, it was a way to get fish in your diet.  I have to say that I have been very fond of the recipes in this cookbook, except this one.  It was not bad, but extremely filling and not exciting.  I will report it as I see it.  I am so full I might evern sleep through the night with the heat pump my neighbor installed under our bedroom window that grinds away all night. 
I do have a comment for those of you on the East Cost.  If you buy a jalepeno pepper and add it to a recipe in CA, it will have a whole different impact than a "fresh" jalapeno in VA, PA,or IN.  Two years ago while in TN, at Turkey day, we made Martha's corn bread in my Turkey Mold.  Jo, Jim's cousin had jalepeno peppers in a jar from the grocery store.  They were just like in CA.  I use nothing but the ones in a jar at the market now.  They have the punch needed.   

No comments:

Post a Comment