Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dinner on Monday

I am so happy, I found my original blog again.  Bear with me I am new at this.  Anyway last night we had Garlic-Basil Shrimp.  It was fabulous.  It comes from a book called So Easy.  You can probably find it on line as the author is on FoodTV.  Cook a cup of Orzo.  You will have 3 cups cooked. 
For the Sauce
2T Olice oil
1 1/4 # large shrimp
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/8 t crushed red pepper
3/4 c white wine
one container of grape tomatoes halved
1/4 c fresh basil chopped
salt and pepper

Start the water for the Orzo.  Takes 11 minutes to cook.  Slice, chop and mine everything and have all ingredients near the stove.  Heat the oil.  Add Shrimp.  Cook 2 minutes.  Set shrimp aside.  Add garlic and pepper to the oil.  When fragrant add the wine, tomatoes and basil.  Cook 3 minutes.  Add the shrimp back in to warm and serve over the orzo. 

Says it serves 4 but we ate it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment