Sunday, November 4, 2012

American Scramble with Mushrooms and Spinach


Yesterday we went on a modern house tour in Nashville.  It was a little disappointing.  I think I have the best modern house in the city.  One was under construction, one empty and by the way the front door was beside the laundry room.  One was a very small cottage, gutted and at least furnished.  The other was a 5 story unit for sale.  We had lunch in a place on 12th street called Urban Grub.  It is normally packed on weekends.  After eating there, I do not know why.  Normal food is hidden under cutesy names, ex:  Eggs Benedict is called Bennies.  The portions are huge, just not my kind of place.  I served half my meal to Jim for dinner with a sandwich on the side.  Cheese grits came with my quiche (called a Strada) I warmed them and sprinkled them with my kale chips.  I put them in the middle and surrounded it with wedges of the quiche and wedges of sandwich.  It looked gorgeous.  Not a word from Jim.  On the way home we stopped at Williams Sonoma and I bought Farmer’s Scramble, American.  I found the following in there catalogue and made it for brunch this morning.  It was delicious.  Serves 4 
Ingredients:     
2 T EVOO
8 oz mushrooms sliced, I used baby bella
Kosher salt
Freshly ground pepper
2 C firmly pack baby spinach leaves.  (2 big handfuls)
8 eggs, beaten
½ C American Farmer’s Scramble
Directions:  
1.       In a large nonstick fry pan over medium-high heat, warm oil. 
2.       Add mushrooms, salt and pepper, cook 8-10 minutes.  Add spinach; cook 2 minutes.
3.       Reduce heat to medium; add eggs, salt, pepper and ½ C farmer’s scramble. 
4.       Cook, scraping bottom and sides of pan with rubber spatula, until curds form, 1-2 minutes. 
5.       Serve with extra farmer’s scramble on the side if you desire.  I did not. 
The farmer’s scramble adds a lot to the eggs.  I would definitely call this a company breakfast. 

1 comment:

  1. Lots of restaurants rename everyday things and I don't really care for it, cause I'm trying to figure out what I'm eating.

    I'm not sure what the farmer's scramble is, but oddly, yesterday for brunch I did the egg scramble, with baby bellas, spinach, ham and a dab of cheese. Turned out quite tasty.

    ReplyDelete