Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving-Leftovers Shepherd's Pie


Black Friday, I stay away from all malls.  Mary and I went to Barbara Mandrel’s former home.  It is called Fontanel and is about 10 minutes from our house.  They have a wonderful restaurant on the grounds and we had lunch.  After the tour, we went to another area of town called Berry Hill and they we looked in a couple of cute shops.  I bought some gifts.  We got home around four.  Jim and my brother played golf.  I fixed Martha’s recipe for leftovers and then we went to Opry Land area to see the ice sculptures.  We came back home and had leftover dessert. 
Ingredients:
3 C cooked stuffing
1 C cranberry sauce
1# cooked turkey
10 oz any leftover vegetable
6 T or more of gravy
3-4 C mashed potatoes
Directions:
1.       Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.       In a 10” deep pie plate, mound stuffing on the bottom.      Next layer the cranberry sauce, turkey and vegetable. 
3.       Drizzle with gravy and spread the potatoes over surface to sides of the dish. 
4.       Place pie on a baking sheet and bake until heated through and potatoes are golden, about 40 minutes.
I liked this the first time I made it.  Not so much last night.  I think the flavor is totally dependent on the stuffing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment