Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pecan Pumpkin Buttter Pie with Cinnamon-Caramel Sauce


For dessert I made the best pumpkin pie I have ever eaten.  I got the recipe from Williams-Sonoma.  This recipe can be printed directly from the Williams-Sonoma site. 

For this you must purchase 2 jars of Muirhead pecan pumpkin butter.  This pie is light and just plain delicious.  I did not make the cinnamon-caramel sauce.  I had caramel sauce left over from the delicious pumpkin pie I made in September.  You can find it under Saturday Dinner with Friends if you want to compare the recipes. 
I will caution you that there are some problems with this recipe as written. 
·         They say the baking time is 1 ¼ -1 ½ hours, mine was closer to 2. 
·         Also if using decorative cut outs you have to wait about an hour before putting them on the pie as they sink immediately if you put them on when you fill the shell
·         Use a very deep dish 9” pie pan.  Also finish filling in the oven as there is no way you can make it from the counter to the oven with the loose and very full shell without spilling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment