Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pasta with Beans and Ricotta


There are sometimes strange reasons why recipes appeal to me.  This one appealed as it was going to use up my ricotta cheese.  I based it on a Weight Watchers recipe I found on line.  There’s had ricotta cheese, a vegetable, pasta and beans.  It also had marinara sauce which I did not have.  I also realized in looking at it, that it was a recipe for one.  So below is what I made.
Ingredients:
1 oz of Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Julienne Cut Tomatoes & Herbs (Costco)
10 oz of dried spinach orecchiette pasta
1 C ricotta cheese (mine was whole milk, reduced fat would be better for you.)
1 C asparagus cut in 1” pieces
1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
Salt and pepper
Dried red pepper flakes
Directions:
1.      Put the pasta water on.  I put about 4T of salt in the water.  When it comes to a boil, add the pasta and mine needed to cook for 15 minutes.  At the 5 minute mark, I added the asparagus to cook. 
2.      I put the ricotta cheese and the sundried tomatoes in the serving bowl and combined them.  Then I put the beans in the dish. 
3.      When the pasta was cooked, I drained it and put it in the bowl.  I mixed it all together and the ricotta makes a sauce.  Add a few T of pasta water.  I added salt, pepper and the red pepper flakes.
I told Jim, I thought cooked garlic or onions would have been a good addition.  He nixed the idea of onions, but I still think that pearl onions cooked in EVOO would have been a great addition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment