Sunday, October 14, 2012

Goat Cheese and Roasted Corn Quesadillas


Working on my company dinner, made the dessert today, but will have to blog with the real dinner as the sorbet took two times to finish.  The quantity is more than my ice cream maker can handle.
Dinner tonight was very good.  It comes from Cooking Light, Mix and Match low calorie cooking.  We had such a great outing yesterday on my friends boat (is 98’x19’ really a boat or a ship?) that today was diet day. This dish was excellent. I served it with a salad of romaine and tomatoes.
Ingredients:
1C corn kernels
5 oz goat cheese
8 (6”) corn tortillas
¼ C chopped green onions
10 T bottled salsa verde, divided
Cooking spray
Directions:
1.      Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.  Add corn; sauté 2 minutes or until browned. 
2.      Place corn in a small bowl with the goat cheese and stir until well blended. 
3.      Divide the corn mixture evenly among 4 tortillas.  Spread to within ¼ “of the edges. 
4.      Top each tortilla with 1 T onions and 1 ½ t salsa.  Top with the remaining 4 tortillas. 
5.      Heat the pan over M-H heat.  Coat the pan with cooking spray and cook 2 minutes per side.  I did this in 2 batches with my largest flat bottom skillet.  
Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges and serve with remaining salsa.  I rounded out the meal with salad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment