Friday, October 12, 2012

Moules Marinere


I have probably blogged this before, but the way my blog works now, I would have to search 3 years of input to tell you where to look.  So instead I will just input it again.  I have a young friend who is a blog genius working on my blog and will announce the changes when they are done.  Meanwhile, here it is again.  I use Julia Child’s recipe from The Way to Cook.  We had to run out tonight to Costco to get a veggie platter for tomorrow and it was seafood Friday.  We bought mussels.
Ingredients: 
4 T butter
1 C minced onion
1 large garlic clove, pureed
A large handful of chopped fresh parsley
4 qts. fresh mussels (I had whatever a bag of mussels is from Costco)
2 C dry white wine
Directions:
1.      Melt the butter in a large pot.  Stir in the onions and garlic and cook slowly for several minutes until the onions are limp.
2.      Then add the parsley and the mussels cover the pot and shake once.
3.      Pout in wine and shake once again. 
4.      Turn the heat to high, cover tightly, and steam for 4 minutes. 
Serve the mussels and fragrant cooking liquor in bowls.  Sop up the liquor with French bread.  Jim and I love this meal and Max loves French bread.    

No comments:

Post a Comment