Friday, October 12, 2012

Chocolate Sorbet


I am still getting ready for the next dinner party.  Tonight I started half of the dessert.  Now Haagen-Dazs makes really great chocolate sorbet.  It is fat free, so not popular in TN.  Actually it was very hard to find in VA.  So I found this recipe in Barefoot Contessa at Home.  I started it tonight for my dinner party.
Ingredients:
2 C sugar
1 C good cocoa powder, I use Ghirardelli
½ t vanilla extract
¼ t ground cinnamon
¼ t kosher salt
½ C brewed espresso (I keep instant in the freezer)
1 T coffee liqueur
4 C water
Directions:
1.      In a large saucepan, mix the sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.  Stir in 4 C water and the espresso. 
2.      Cook over low heat until the ingredients are dissolved. 
3.      Off the heat, stir in the coffee liqueur. 
4.      Transfer to a plastic container and refrigerate until very cold.  I will have mine in the refrigerator overnight and most of the next day. 
5.      Freeze the mixture in an ice cream freezer according to manufacturer’s directions.  Mine says 20 minutes. 
6.      Place in a plastic container and freeze for an hour or overnight, until firm enough to scoop.  Mine will be in the freezer for 2 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment