Monday, October 1, 2012

Fishcakes and Sauteed Cauliflower


I bought frozen hake at Costco, not knowing what it was, except a white fish.  I found on line at FoodTV.com this recipe for fishcakes, serves 8.  I did not make the recommended mayonnaise sauce, but used the leftover sauce from the chicken wings/tea cookbook from a few weeks ago.  They were just as good with no sauce.  I knew that Jim would not eat mayonnaise sauce and neither would I.  They were quite tasty. 
Ingredients:
8 oz. boneless hake fillets, minced
¼ C bread crumbs, plus ¾ C for garnish
1/4 C chopped parsley
¼ C mayonnaise
1 t ground coriander
2 shallots, finely chopped
2 t Dijon mustard
1 (6 oz) can water packed white meat tuna, drained
1 egg lightly beaten
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
EVOO or vegtable oil for frying
Directions:
1.      I put all the above ingredients in the food processor, except the EVOO and pulsed to combine.
2.      Form into patties roughly 1 ½ “thick and 2” in diameter.  Coat with the remaining bread crumbs and set aside.  I used paper plate for all of the above. 
3.      Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat with EVOO.  I had 8 patties, so I fried ½ at a time, cooking 3 minutes per side. 
I served this with a Weight Watcher recipe called Sautéed Cauliflower and Tomatoes.
Ingredients:   
4 t EVOO
8 C fresh, uncooked cauliflower florets (1 head)
¼ C water
1 T minced garlic
¼ t kosher salt
½ t freshly ground black pepper
Directions:
1.      In a large deep 12” nonstick skillet, heat 2 t of oil over medium-high heat. 
2.      Add cauliflower; cover and cook, stirring occasionally and adding a T or 2 of water if needed about 6-8 minutes.  (it is needed and mine took double the time)
3.      Add remaining 2 t of EVOO, tomatoes, garlic, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring, until tomatoes soften and cauliflower is tender, about 3 minutes. 
I liked the cauliflower and of course we have leftovers as it is a vegetable and Jim is not a great veggie eater.  This was an easy weeknight meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment