Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Won Ton Soup with Appitizers from the Market


Today was such a good day.  Upon awaking, I was told the very expensive garage door would not open and a call was in.  OK, time to change all magazine subscriptions.  When you move it is a never ending quantity of tasks.  After that I made out the weeks menus and did my blog for the last two days.  Garage door fixed, I am off down the hill to the market.  They had it all, but they do not make sushi in our local Publix.  It could be because we have a gazillion Japanese restaurants in the area.  Not a problem you will see my substitute and Jim liked it. 
In March of this year you can find Five-Spice Broth with Salmon & Onion Dumplings.  If you look farther, you will find pork dumplings.  I made the broth again and had a remaining package of the pork dumplings from the freezer.  Not wanting to keep the dumplings forever, I used them up tonight.  I added about 12 oz of organic spinach to the broth.  I asked Jim if he still thought this was the best broth ever.  He asked, “Did you have spinach in the broth before?”  “No, why?  Don’t tell me a little spinach ruined the soup.”  Apparently it did to Jim.  Give me a break.
I do have to tell you about something I just learned from FoodTV.  Keep your ginger in the freezer.  Keeps forever and is easier to grate.  I could not believe how much easier it was to grate.  This miracle tidbit was provided by Melissa d’Arabian.
I wanted to have sushi with the soup, but my Publix only has mediocre sushi.  So I went to the frozen section and bought Margaritaville Calypso Coconut Shrimp and from Gardein, Chipotle Lime Crispy Fingers.  Costco introduced us to Margaritaville Coconut Shrimp a long time ago.  Don’t tell Jim as he thought the Crispy Fingers were chicken, but completely vegetarian.  I thought they were delicious.  Tonight I am starting tomorrow night’s dinner.  I almost have a normal life again.        

No comments:

Post a Comment