Saturday, August 11, 2012

Deep Dish Salmon Pizza


The house is so coming together and we love living here.  Of course, busy, busy today so vacillating over dinner.  I finally decided on an easy dish from my Salmon Recipes from Alaska Cookbook.  Serves 4, but Jim ate for 3. 
Ingredients: 
1 can salmon (It said 7 ¾ oz.  I had a 14 oz can.  By the time I picked out the skin and bones, it was about 8 oz. and max was very happy with the scraps.)
1 (8 oz.) package of refrigerated crescent rolls (I used one sheet of puff pastry)
1/3 C tomato sauce (I used about 2T of Capital City Mumbo Sauce)
½ t salt
1/8 t pepper
¼ t garlic powder
½ t oregano
¼ C grated Parmesan cheese
1 green pepper, sliced (I used a yellow pepper)
1 tomato sliced
1 C shredded Monterey Jack cheese (I used Manchego)
Directions:
1.       Drain salmon and flake. 
2.       Press pastry into the bottom and sides of a 9”sq. baking pan. Prick all over with a fork. 
3.       Bake at 400 degrees for 7 minutes.  Remove and increase oven temperature to 425 degrees.
4.       Spread the tomato sauce.  Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and Parmesan cheese. 
5.       Top with salmon, green pepper and tomato. 
6.       Sprinkle over with the Monterey Jack cheese.
7.       Bake for 15 minutes.
I liked it for an easy everyday kind of thing.  I kind of wanted to go out, but then we got too busy.  Jim said he normally would not like things with peppers and tomato cooked, but the 15 minutes did not bake the tomato and I used yellow instead of green.  I would have liked the bitterness of the green, but not Jim.    

No comments:

Post a Comment