Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Pizza and Chocolate Blueberry No-bake Tartlets


I did a lot of cooking today, but some, like the coconut corn ice cream, you will have to wait a while for me to blog and you hear the results.  I will tell you that it had better be good for the mess I have made so far. 
Tonight’s dinner comes from Foodnetwork.com.  It is called Grilled Everything Pizza but Jim as usual did not want to work the grille so, I am baking it in the oven.  I also made some substitutes along the way.
Ingredients for the dough: 
2 t sugar
1 packet of active dry yeast (I buy yeast by the jar and keep it in the freezer.  I used 2 t.)
2 T EVOO, plus more for brushing and drizzling
3 C all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting (I used white unbleached whole wheat flour, King Arthur brand)
1 t salt
Directions:
1.      Proof the yeast by whisking the sugar in 105 degree water and sprinkling the yeast on top.  Let it sit for 10 minutes and then stir in the EVOO.
2.      Place the flour and salt in your mixer bowl and put on the dough hook. 
3.      Pour the yeast mixture in the middle and turn on the mixer. 
4.      I had to add about 3T more of water to get it into a ball. 
5.      Grease a bowl and put in the ball, turning to coat. 
6.      Cover with saran wrap and let rise until double, about 2 hours. 
Toppings:
1/4 # Capicola ham cut in ¼” slices from the deli sliced meat. 
1 red pepper
8 oz. baby portabella mushrooms
1# ball of mozzarella, sliced and torn
Boboli sauce
Directions:
1.      The above dough recipe makes enough for 2 pizzas.  I put rolled out one and put the remaining dough in the freezer.
2.      I coated the cut mushrooms and sliced pepper in some EVOO and Italian Seasoning and cooked in the Advantium oven for roasted vegetables. 
3.      The assembled pizza had the sauce, vegetables, ham, and topped with the cheese. 
This is not the best pizza I’ve made, but mostly due to the sauce.  I probably would have liked it better if I had just put roasted garlic on the pizza instead of the Boboli sauce.  To me it overpowered everything. 
I also made a dessert for Jim.  This recipe was in today’s Tennessean newspaper.  Lindsay Landis is a food blogger and takes all the credit for this recipe.  I made it in six 3.5” tartlet shells, but it can be done in a 9” shell.  She says that in the 9” shell it serves 8-10.  
Ingredients:
For crust:
7 oz. chocolate wafers
6 T unsalted butter
1 oz. dark chocolate, chopped
For filling:
8 oz. dark chocolate, chopped
1 ¼ C heavy cream
½ t pure vanilla extract
1 pint fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained
Directions for the crust:
1.      Crunch up the cookies as you put them in the food processer. 
2.      Melt the butter in a bowl in the microwave and add the chocolate.  Stir to dissolve the chocolate and add the crunched cookies. 
3.      Divide evenly between the 6 tart pans and smooth on the bottom and up the sides.  I used a spoon, but the directions said you could use the bottom of a smooth glass. 
4.      Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow the crust to set.
Directions for the filling:
1.      Place the cream and the chocolate in a double boiler and set over low heat stirring until melted and smooth. 
2.      When the chocolate is melted and smooth, remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. 
3.      Pour filling into the crusts and refrigerate for 15 minutes more before topping with the blueberries.  Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. 
Tartlets will keep up to 5 days.  Jim called it chocolate extreme with blueberries.  I think he like it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment