Sunday, August 12, 2012

Fresh Fruit Salad with Secret Dressing


Today was a party at Jim’s cousin’s house as her son has joined the Air Force Reserves and will be gone for 9 months.  I was asked to bring a fruit salad.  I found this one in The New Southern Garden Cookbook.  I made a double recipe as they expected 40 people.
Ingredients:
3 T light, floral honey
¼ C Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur
1 T bitters
Finely grated zest of one orange
juice of 1 orange
8 C of fruit (I bought mine at Costco) Avoid apples and pears. 
Directions:
1.      Whisk together the first five ingredients and pour over the fruit.  Toss gently in the fruit to coat with the sauce. 
2.      Chill for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours. 
I did not see that it was to have the orange juice until I was typing.  Several people asked me what was in the fruit.  I think it might have freaked a few that it had spirits in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment