Sunday, September 25, 2011

Rotisserie Chicken

I didn’t get to my blog last night as dinner was late and we wanted to watch some recorded shows. I made a big favorite here, rotisserie chicken. I only looked up the time but did my own thing.
For the Chicken:
1. Wash and dry the chicken.
2. I put salt and pepper and a spice in the cavity.
3. Today’s spice was Chinese 5 pepper. Then I stuff the cavity with onion and lemons cut up. This was a small chicken so I only used one lemon and one Vidalia onion.
4. Truss the chicken and I rubbed all over with lemon EVOO. I then applied more five spice and Penzeys Barbeque 3000.
5. Jim cooked for 1 ½ hours, even though I told him 1 ¼. It was a bit crisp on the outside, but very juicy chicken. I believe this is due to my lemons and onion on the inside.
I made a big salad and we had baked sweet potatoes with it. Later in the evening we had ice cream.
This morning we got up and went to our golf club for Sunday brunch. They make the most delicious brunch. If you are every coming to visit make sure you are not leaving on a Sunday so we can take you to the brunch. You will agree it is the best ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment