Sunday, September 4, 2011

Picnic replaced by Rain

Today I made a reduced calorie and reduced taste potato salad. I did not have the exact ingredients as follows, but felt I probably added more herbs and spice than required and still dull. I divided in half, but still have leftovers so added Penzeys salad elegant to it for tomorrow.
Ingredients:
10 medium potatoes with skins, scrubbed clean (I had a pound of fingerling potatoes. Boiled for 20 minutes and cooled.)
4 C yoghurt (I used 6 oz of Greek yogurt, remember I cut the potatoes in half or more, who knows)
3 T tarragon
1 C celery (Jim hates celery, I added cucumbers)
4 /t chopped red onion, I used scallions
3 hard cooked eggs, cooled and diced
1 T Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper
Chopped fresh parsley
Directions:
1. In a large pot, cover potatoes with water and boil until easily pierced with a fork through the center, about 20 minutes. Drain, cool, and dice into ½” cubes.
2. In a large glass bowl, stir together yoghurt, vinegar, celery, onions, eggs, parsley, and mustard. Add cooled potatoes and stir until coated evenly. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill for several hours.
I had chicken thighs that we were going to grill with Penzeys Cajon seasoning, but it rained like everything for the first time in 30 days. I added a t of EVOO to a stick proof pot and sautéed for about 25 minutes. I added sautéed broccoli to the dinner. I am having a lot of trouble being creative with the lack of cookbooks and lack of ingredients that I am used to.



No comments:

Post a Comment