Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cheese Tortellini with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Adel meatballs

Why do hot dogs always taste better when you buy them at a venue than when you make them at home? That was dinner last night so I did not write. Jim thought we would do the picnic thing and then it rained so we had an indoor picnic. The hotdogs would have been better grilled, but no one wants to stand in the driving rain for a hot dog.
We are having company this weekend. My brother is coming to join Jim in the golf member-guest outing. Some dinners in and some out so my reporting will be spotty.
Tonight I made a combo meal of homemade and bought by others. I am sure you remember me talking about Di Amante cheese filled Tortellini and the sun dried tomatoes in oil from Costco. For me just great mixed together with a veggie. Well, I started with this. I cooked red and yellow peppers in a tsp. of basil olive oil and used Adel’s premade meatballs.
I liked the pasta with peppers. Jim said he liked it better than when I add spinach to the pasta. When I looked at his finished plate I realized it was because he can pick out the peppers easier than he could pick out the spinach. I felt the meatballs would be better with a red sauce. Jim the carnivore liked the meatballs, veggies are his nemesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment