Sunday, December 19, 2010

Trader Joe's pork roast

For those of you that love Trader Joe’s, I have a great instant meal.  Trader Joe’s Port Roast Florentine.  This was in the latest flyer and I said to Jim as he was going for a wine run last week, pick this up.  It sounds good and I want to try it.  Today was a hard day for me.  It was the memorial for my friend Sally and John, her husband, asked me to speak.   I have spent weeks preparing the speech and also looking through photos to send for the memorial.   I was the first to speak after John, her daughters Heather and Courtney.   John said he wanted to speak first get all the tears over first.  I set my champagne glass on the podium and said I may need a whole bottle to get through this.   All laughed.  I then said that John asked me to speak first to get the crying over.    I never once in practice made it through my speech with our breaking into what Oprah calls the ugly cry.  Somehow today I did it.  Maybe Sally was with me.  At one point I started to choke up.  I took a sip of Champagne and it did not help.  I said Jim, “You are supposed to say keep going.”  Jim said, “Keep going, and they all laughed, it helped and I made it through.  I was so surprised at all that came up to me after that said I really captured Sally, Jim said I did the best job, and it was he who c coached me for days.   Anyway back to the food.  The Pork Roast Florentine is great.  It says serves 3.  Ok, you know by now it is gone.  I did my usual asparagus in the microwave and made Jim garlic mashed potatoes.  I put small potatoes in a pan with two garlic cloves and after boiling for 20 minutes mash with 1 T butter and light cream.  Jim loves mashed potatoes and does not object to skins in the potatoes.  We are now into Christmas and trying to get all the presents to all who have been so supportive through this ordeal.                  

No comments:

Post a Comment