Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Chicken Cutlets with Pomesco and Serrano Cracklins

Jim actually liked dinner tonight. The preparation says for 4, but there is nothing left except a little Romesco sauce. This recipe is in December, Bon Appétit, actually just beyond the beet recipe that I really liked. I am going to divide the recipe differently as I thought the way it was presented took too much thinking and dividing. I am listing in order of the way to make to get it all done for serving.
Romesco Sauce
Ingredients:
½ C breadcrumbs(I used Panko)
1C drained roasted red bell pepper from a jar
¼ C sliced almonds, toasted
2 T EVOO
1 T Sherry wine vinegar
1 garlic clove, peeled
¾ t paprika
Directions:
Place all in your Cuisinart and blend. Put in a small serving bowl.
Cracklin
Ingredients:
2 oz thinly sliced Serrano hake or prosciutto, Chopped
Directions:
Heat a large non stick skillet over medium heat. Add ham sauté until crisp, 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl.
Salad
Ingredients:
6 C torn butter lettuce (not available so I used Boston lettuce)
1 T EVOO
1 T Sherry vinegar
Salt and pepper
1/3 C parsley, chopped
Directions:
Wash and spin dry the lettuce. Break up in the salad bowl and add the chopped parsley. Whisk the EVOO, Vinegar and salt and pepper. Toss the salad.
Chicken
Ingredients:
4 chicken cutlets (no free range chicken in cutlets available at the market. Cut a chicken breast in half)
1 C breadcrumbs (I used Panko)
1/3 C chopped parsley
2T EVOO
Salt and pepper
Directions:
Mix the breadcrumbs and parsley in a shallow dish. Salt and pepper the cutlets. Add EVOO to a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; sauté until cooked through 4 minutes per side.
To plate:
Place a chicken cutlet on each plate. Cover with Romesco sauce. Put salad on the side and sprinkle with the Cracklings. Jim served a Trader Joe’s Rutherford, Napa Valley, 2009. It was neither steely nor buttery. I would have to call it sweet. They hyped it this month. I would not buy it again.
I hope later to have ice cream. My brother came through with more of the Pinot Noir Chocolate Sauce that I blogged about earlier this year for my Christmas present. He bought the original at Tabor Hill in Michigan. They no longer carry it, but they told him where to get it on line. If you’d like to enjoy it go to Cuisine Perel, Richmond, CA. I have a lifetime supply that also includes chocolate mint and chocolate orange. Yum-0!

No comments:

Post a Comment