Monday, December 20, 2010

Easy Lamb Chops

Today I should have gone to the grocery store, but Jim brought to my attention that Burlesque with Cher was leaving the theaters and was only available in a theater in Fairfax. We went. There were four people in the theater, Jim, me and two other ladies. I thought the movie was very good. The music was great and Cher was wonderful. When it comes out on DVD, we will buy it.
Dinner, we did not get home until around 7:00 PM. Max, who demands to be fed at 5:30 PM, was waiting at the door. We had stopped at Trader Joe’s on the way home. Don’t know if Jim’s cousin Jo reads this blog, but the clerk was highly impressed with the wine bag you gave him. We bought the Mac and Cheese Bites that were toted in the last flyer. The checkout clerk said have you tried these? No, I answered, they are great he said. Our opinion, dull, wouldn’t buy again. It is not good Mac and Cheese and in a tasteless crust. We actually stopped to buy Max the Chicken and Sweet potato treats. He thinks these are to die for. The rest of dinner was lamb chops. We did them on our inside grill top for the stove. Jim told me that when it is this cold outside, he has trouble bringing the grill to temperature. Is this true? Or does he not want to stand in the freezing cold for 20 minutes. It took longer, but Jim watched the internal temperature and they were perfectly done at 140 degrees. I still have asparagus as Jim bought it at Costco and tonight I served it with orange EVOO which I like better than lemon. Jim served a Robert Mondavi, 2001, Cabernet Sauvignon. It smelled Devine and tasted even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment