Monday, January 21, 2013

Cheesy Garlic Basil Tilapia


Tonight’s dinner on the evening of the inaugural has been very good.  I accompanied by this dish with salad and roasted petite potatoes cut in quarters.  I got this recipe from Penzeys catalogue.  I cut it in half for the two of us.  Full recipe serves 6. 
Ingredients:
6 tilapia fillets, about 4-6 oz. each (I used hake)
1-2 T basil
1 T Penzeys minced garlic
1 t minced lemon peel
¼ C white wine
Ground white pepper, to taste
2 T butter
½ C fresh basil leaves
6 T grated Asiago cheese, divided (I used Parmesan)
Directions:
1.       Preheat oven to 355 degrees. 
2.       In a small bowl, combine the dry basil, garlic, lemon peel and wine and let soak for 5 minutes.
3.       Arrange the tilapia in a baking dish. 
4.       Pour the spice mixture over the fish.  Sprinkle with pepper and salt.  Dot the fillets with butter and top with the fresh basil.  Sprinkle with 4 T of cheese.
5.       Bake at 355 degrees for 15-25 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.  Do not overcook!
6.       Sprinkle with the remaining 2 T of cheese and serve. 
We both really liked this fish.  I am going to add for those of you who have bread machines that I made the Peanut-Sesame Bread from the machine cookbook today.  Haven't tasted it yet, but it turned out wonderful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment