Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Today being St. Patrick’s Day, gave me a good excuse to feed Jim cabbage.  Although I have in the past followed Gourmet magazine recipes for an official dinner, was not to be tonight.  There was nothing too special about tonight.  I’m not Irish, but I like cabbage.  I bought Irish Soda bread from Wegman’s.  I have, in the past, made Irish soda bread and I have to say this was better.  I also bought an Irish Cheddar with Stout.   I had half a head of Savoy cabbage and sautéed it with 1 piece of bacon chopped and beef broth.   I thought it was a little too salty, but the beef broth did not list salt, so I am assuming it came with bacon.  Jim thought it was fine.  So , happy St. Patrick day all of you and to Jim cabbage quota completed.   

No comments:

Post a Comment