Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Thighs with Celery and Blue Cheese Salad


I have not been able to access my blog for days.  Something is wrong in my computer.  We finally figured out after spending hours with AOL help and Goggle help that they are no help.  Believe it or not I can access my blog through Jim’s computer. 
Sunday we again went to the great brunch at our club.  We were too full to eat the rest of the day.  Yesterday I made the following.  It comes from Martha’s Everyday Food. It was delicious.  Serves 4
Ingredients:
4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 ¼ t cayenne pepper
2 T mayonnaise (I used low fat)
5 T white-wine vinegar
3 oz blue cheese crumbled, about ¾ C
3 large celery stalks, cut into ¼” pieces
1 head romaine lettuce, cut into 1/2” pieces
2T unsalted butter
Directions:
1.       Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
2.       Place chicken, skin side up on a rimmed baking sheet and season with salt and pepper and ½ t cayenne.   Cook until skin is golden and crisp and chicken is cooked through, 20 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through.
3.       Meanwhile in a large salad bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, 2T vinegar, and half the blue cheese.  Add celery and romaine, season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.   Sprinkle salad with remaining blue cheese.
4.       In the microwave, melt butter with ¾ t cayenne.  Whisk in 3T vinegar; season with salt and pepper.  Drizzle chicken with the butter mixture.  Serve with the salad.
I used 3 large chicken thighs for the 2 of us.   I boiled some new potatoes and we put the extra butter sauce on them.    

No comments:

Post a Comment