Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pumpernickel Bread Buns


Tonight was trouble.  In the AM, I decided I would like to have Pumpernickel buns for the Costco pre-made chicken burgers.  So I found the cookbooks for my bread machine that has not been used in over a year.  They had a recipe.  I put everything in the machine and turned it on, and proceeded to unpack the rest of the mb closet.  I came back to black glop.  I pulled it out and realized that the yeast dispenser did not work properly.  I needed in some more flour and the yeast, and divided it into the burger pans.  I then put it under my new heat lamps hoping for the best.  The best did not happen, but they were just ok.  I think the recipe is good, just the fact that the machine has been so inactive for so long.
Ingredients:   
1C bread flour
2/3 C rye flour
1/3 C whole wheat flour
¼ C cornmeal
1 T cocoa
1 T dry milk
1 t salt
7/8 C water
3 T molasses
1 T butter
1 ½ t quick-rising yeast
Directions:
1.      Put all ingredients into your bread machine and hit the button for dough.  Come back when finished and dived into six equal weight pieces. 
2.      Let rise in pan designed for buns for an hour.
3.      Bake at 375 for 20 minutes. 
Tomorrow I am going to try another bread just to make sure the machine is still functional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment