Monday, June 25, 2012

Slow Cooker Turkey and Potatoes


This is the second night for this meal and it was still good.  I know, I hate leftovers, but we are in the middle of a move and I hate packing and cooking at the same time.  I subscribe to crockpotlady@gmail.com.  I started a long time before she became the first rich and famous food blogger.  I have never been very successful with a Crockpot, but her recipes really work.  I was first attracted to this dish by a recipe for Brussels sprouts.   I only have one crock pot so I made the main course and save the sprouts for later. 
Ingredients:
2# potatoes, washed and quartered (I used small new potatoes and did not quarter.)
1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
3# bone-in turkey breast or turkey drumsticks
4 T butter
1T dried basil
1 lemon, juiced
½ t kosher salt
1 (12 oz.) bottle of beer
Directions:
1.      Use a 6 qt. slow cooker.
2.      Place the potatoes and onion into the bottom of your insert.
3.      Add turkey on top. 
4.      Plop in butter, basil, and lemon juice. 
5.      Sprinkle on salt, and pour in the beer. 
6.      Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. 
This was delicious.  The turkey is moist and I usually do not like turkey white meat.  So w will have it tomorrow and probably the next day.  I had French green beans for the last two nights.  Going to change it up for tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment