Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Smoke Salmon Soup


I really needed soup today.  I have a cold.  They even threw me out of therapy due to my cold.  I needed to use up some smoked salmon and found this in my Alaska salmon cookbook.  I did not know what to expect, but it was wonderful and for the first time is days I could actually taste what was in front of me.  Serves 4
Ingredients:
2 T butter
2 medium onion, I used red
1 green pepper
1 large garlic clove, minced
2 cans of stewed tomatoes
12 oz smoked salmon, chopped
2 T minced parsley
1 bay leaf
½ t thyme leaves
1 T Worcestershire
¼ t liquid hot pepper
2 T lemon juice
½ C red wine
½ C chicken broth
Directions:
1.      Melt butter in a large pan.  Add onions, green pepper, and garlic.  Cook until tender.
2.      Add tomatoes, parsley, bay leaf, thyme, Worcestershire and hot pepper seasoning.
3.      Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
4.      Stir in lemon juice and salt and pepper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment